What are the system requirements for this Cassandra Training?
The following are the requirements for the system to smoothly run the programs:
- Minimum RAM required: 4GB (Suggested: 8GB)
- Minimum Free Disk Space: 25GB
- Minimum Processor i3 or above
- Operating System of 64bit
- Participant’s machines must support a 64-bit VirtualBox guest image
How will I execute the practicals in this Cassandra Training?
For this Cassandra training, we will help you to setup CertAdda’s Virtual Machine in your System with local access. The detailed installation guides are provided in the LMS for setting up the environment. For any doubt, the 24*7 support team will promptly assist you. CertAdda Virtual Machine can be installed on Mac or Windows machine.
Which projects are included in CertAdda's Online Apache Cassandra Training Course?
- Case Study 1: Product Liking Functionality [Ecommerce]
Scenario: David is CEO of www.purhaseitnow.com. Currently, he is selling 300k products per day across multiple categories. There are thousands of sellers having millions of products, registered on the portal. Soon David realizes that his sale is decreasing monthly due to the poor quality of products sold by some of the sellers. He then decided to categorize the products so that the site can recommend good products to his customers. He asked his CTO John, to develop the same functionality. John has suggested him that If they allow customers to give feedback about the product they purchased in the form of like & dislike, then they can recommend those products over other similar products. John and Product Manager have gathered some requirements and decided to develop using Agile methodology.
- Get User Details by User Id
- Get Product Details by Product Id
- Get all products liked by User
- Get Product liked by Multiple Users
John is aware of RDBMS only and has suggested database schema as follows:
- User Id
- User Name
- Product Id
- Product Name
- Product Description
- User Product Likes:
- User Id (FK user table)
- Product Id (FK product table)
Soon after, huge data got accumulated in the last table, resulting in system imbalance. They tried to apply all optimization techniques but failed to overcome the issue. After some digging, they realized that last 2 queries were not performing good due to:
- Tables will be huge due to large catalogue
- Retrieval products/users will take more time
To solve this, they hired you because you have some experience in NoSQL databases. You must come up with proper database selection and schema design. Once you have finalized design you have to:
- Provide information about database type which you are opting RDBMS/NoSQL/GRAPH?
- Provide information about database why you selected?
- Provide schema details along with Primary/Partition/Composite/Clustering keys?
- Get all products liked by a user should also return product names
- Get all user names who have liked any products
- Case Study 2: BANK
Problem Statement: Our consulting firm has been retained by a major bank to help improve the scalability of their current infrastructure. There are lots of transaction logs generated by various systems. Current database MySQL is not able to handle all the logs. The Firm also wants to run some aggregation jobs.
Key issues: You must revamp existing code and migration of existing data.
- You have given end points or log files path where data is being produced.
- You have different pages on the website which can be search page, promotional page, deal of day page etc. You must use this log and design schema such that it can get daily request counts per day.
- Number of clicks on deal of the day page with Android device on 11 May 2017
- Number of clicks on deal of the page with IOS device on 11 May 2017
- Number of clicks on home page with Chrome browser on 11 May 2017
- Number of clicks on home page of Firefox browser on 11 May 2017
- Case Study 3: Customer Help Desk Application
Problem Statement: Model a Customer Help Desk application where customer complaints are logged and captured in a Cassandra column family. The Cassandra table HelpDesk shown in the following screenshot captures these details. The columns CustomerId, TicketId, ActionTime constitute the Primary key. The column CustomerId becomes the Partition key. The records are stored in the descending order of TicketId, ActionTime. This is to make sure that the recent action details are accessible first.
- Create a table HelpDesk as per the above requirement
- Insert data into HelpDesk. For every record inserted, ActionTime should get the current timestamp.
- Use the CQL command to display all the data in the specified format.
- Write range query to retrieve data from to specific date and time. For example, between time-period 2017-11-12 19:14:00 and 2017-11-13 19:20:00
- Case Study 4: Hotel Booking Application
Problem Statement: Design a hotel room reservation application data model. Access available_rooms.csv file provided. The available_rooms.csv file contains a month’s worth of inventory for two small hotels with five rooms each.
- Create a table available_rooms_by_hotel_date as per the requirement with hotel_id as the partition key, while date and room_number are clustering columns.
- Bulk load to table available_rooms_by_hotel_data FROM available_rooms.csv
- Display all the records in available_rooms_by_hotel_date for a particular hotel_id (ex: AZ123) and room_number (ex: 101).
- Remember both hotel_id and room_number are part of composite primary key.
- Display all records for a particular hotel between two specific date range in descending order of date.
- Write an UDF is available which return 1 if a room is available else return 0 Make a call to the UDF to display the results for table available_rooms_by_hotel_date.
- Create UDF/UDFs to return the total available rooms.
What if I miss a class?
You will never miss a lecture at CertAdda You can choose either of the two options: View the recorded session of the class available in your LMS or You can attend the missed session, in any other live batch.
Will I get placement assistance?
To help you in this endeavor, we have added a resume builder tool in your LMS. Now, you will be able to create a winning resume in just 3 easy steps. You will have unlimited access to use these templates across different roles and designations. All you need to do is, log in to your LMS and click on the “create your resume” option.
Can I attend a demo session before enrollment?
We have limited number of participants in a live session to maintain the Quality Standards. So, unfortunately participation in a live class without enrollment is not possible. However, you can go through the sample class recording and it would give you a clear insight about how are the classes conducted, quality of instructors and the level of interaction in a class.
Who are the instructors?
All the instructors at CertAdda are practitioners from the Industry with minimum 10-12 yrs of relevant IT experience. They are subject matter experts and are trained by CertAdda for providing an awesome learning experience to the participants.
What if I have more queries?
Just give us a CALL at +91 8178510474 / +91 9967920486 OR email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why learn Apache Cassandra?
Now organisations are dealing with peta & exabytes of data on a daily basis. As the requirements of organizations has grown beyond structured data, so NoSQL databases were introduced. It can store large volumes of structured, semi-structured & unstructured data with quick iteration and agile structure as per application requirements. Cassandra is one of the most prominently used NoSQL databases. 40% of the top 100 fortune companies are using Cassandra and the demand is increasing exponentially. So, if you are planning to make a career in this blooming job market, now is the right time to learn Cassandra.
What is the best way to learn Cassandra?
CertAdda Apache Cassandra Certification Training is designed in such a way that it will help you to master the technology starting with the fundamentals to the advanced level and pursuing a career in it. Cassandra training covers in-depth knowledge about Cassandra Architecture, its features, Cassandra Data Model, and Cassandra Administration.
What is the career progression and opportunities in Apache Cassandra?
With the advent of Big Data the unstructured data is increasing exponentially. Companies are inclining towards NoSQL databases where they can store large volumes of structured, semi-structured & unstructured data with quick iteration and agile structure. MNCs such as Instagram, Netflix, GoDaddy, DataStax, reddit, ebay, Spotify & Starbucks are hunting for professionals with Cassandra certification. There is a steep career growth for Cassandra certified professionals. If you are planning to make a career in NoSQL databases, now is the right time for you.
What are the skills needed to master Apache Cassandra?
To master Apache Cassandra, first you need to understand the fundamentals of NoSQL Databases & Cassandra – Data Models, Cassandra features, Cassandra Architecture. Advancing ahead, you need to learn advanced topics such as Cassandra Administration, Hosting, managing & monitoring Cassandra Cluster, Taking backup & restoring Cassandra cluster & performance tuning.
What is the future scope of Apache Cassandra?
As Apache Cassandra is used most of the streaming applications which deals with unstructured data such as Internet of Things (IOT), fraud detection applications & recommendation engines. The demand of Apache Cassandra is growing rapidly. Cassandra is used by 40% of the Fortune 100 and this list is also expanding quickly. So, the demand of Apache Cassandra is increasing promptly and early start would open lots of opportunities for you. Get Certified Get Ahead.
What is the price of this Apache Cassandra training?
Apache Kafka Certification Training costs $ 367/-, where you get instructor-led training. You’ll learn all the concepts with hands-on training. You will have lifetime access to the course material & a dedicated team to solve all your queries & doubts 24×7.
Why take online Cassandra Certification course? How is it better than offline course?
Cassandra online training provides you the flexibility where you can attend classes from anywhere & anytime. You will connect and learn the concepts from the experts across the globe. Your learning will be practical oriented wherein you will learn the concepts by solving real-world problems. The course curriculum also gets updated with the changing industry requirements & standards. Apart from this you’ll get lifetime access to the course materials & 24×7 support for all your queries & doubts.
How can a beginner learn Apache Cassandra?
CertAdda Cassandra Certification Training is designed by professional in such a way that it covers in-depth knowledge on Apache Cassandra. It caters both beginners & experts. Cassandra training starts from Cassandra fundamentals where we cover the fundamentals of NoSQL Databases & Cassandra – Data Models, Cassandra features, Cassandra Architecture. Advancing ahead, you need to learn advanced topics such as Cassandra Administration, Hosting, managing & monitoring Cassandra Cluster, Taking backup & restoring Cassandra cluster & performance tuning.
What is the average salary for Cassandra certified professional?
The average salary of a Sr. Software Engineer with Apache Cassandra skills is $134,688. The salary of a lead software engineer variates between $106K & $167K, whereas the salary of a principal software engineer variates between $102K to $182K.