Joomla Introduction and Installation
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about the Joomla installation process, running Joomla locally vs. running it on a web host, installing Joomla 3.0, Joomla Interface, using Media Manager, creating content in Joomla.
- Joomla Introduction
- Joomla Installation Process
- Running Joomla locally vs. running Joomla on a web host
- Installing Joomla 3.0
- Joomla Interface
- Using Media Manager
- Creating content in Joomla
Creating Articles, Categories, Menus and Formatting
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn how to create categories for site and ways to publish, unpublish and trash them. You will also learn how to create articles and publish, unpublish and trash them. Towards end of the course, you will also learn how to create simple and dropdown menus for websites.
- Creating categories
- Publish, unpublish and trash categories
- Creating articles
- Publish, Unpublish and trash articles
- Creating simple and dropdown menus
Advanced Article Formatting, Various Display Settings, Creating and Configuring Modules
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about some advance ways to format articles; for instance the page break plugin, customizing HTML tags, styling elements with Bootstrap. You will also learn how to add YouTube video to articles, global configuration options for articles, creating a custom module, and including a module in an article. Towards the end, we will also explore administrator modules.
- Advanced Ways to format Articles
- Customizing HTML tags
- Styling elements with Bootstrap
- Adding YouTube video to an article
- Global configuration options for Articles
- Creating a custom module
- Including a module in an article
- Exploring Administrator module
Joomla Components and Templates
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn how to use content and contact component and how to add a CAPTCHA for a form. You will also learn how to use web links and redirect components. Using templates to change the look of the website. Using third-party Joomla templates from third-party providers. Towards the end, you will be introduced to Hathor Admin templates as well.
- Working with content and contact component
- Adding CAPTCHA to the form
- Using web links and redirect components
- Changing the look of the website using templates
- Using third-party Joomla templates
- Introduction to Hathor Admin template
Creating a Multilingual Website
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about multilingual sites and how to download and install multilingual packages, displaying content in multiple languages, creating language switcher module and enabling language filter plugin.
- Multilanguage site overview and configuration
- Installing language packs
- Creating the language switcher module
- Showing content in multiple languages
Setting up Access Control List (ACL)
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about the Access Control List (ACL), default groups and access levels in Joomla, configuring user registration options, working with user profiles.
- Introduction to Access Control List (ACL)
- Joomla default groups
- Joomla default access levels
- User registration options
- Working with user profiles
Extending Joomla 3
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn how to use Joomla extensions directory, Installing and creating backup with Akeeba, installing and creating sitemap with Xmap.
- Working with Joomla extension directory
- Installing Akeeba Backup
- Backup with Akeeba backup
- Installing OSMap
- Creating sitemap with OSMap
Hosting the website
Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn about website hosting, making a website live, taking backups, incorporating backups with a web host, site maintenance and front-end editing.
- Website hosting
- Making a website live
- Taking backups
- Incorporating backups with a web host
- Website maintenance
- Editing a website after its live